into Victoria’s Mental Health System.
You can register for the upcoming community consultations taking place from April to May 2019. Key dates for registrations and information on consultation sessions can be found here.
Making a Submission
Submissions are now open. The Commission is accepting Formal submissions until 5 July 2019 and Brief comments until 20 May 2019. Further information can be found here.
MHLC’s Submission to the Productivity Commission
To read our Issues Paper – The Social and Economic Benefits of Improving Mental Health click here.
Done By Law Radio Interview – 4 March 2019
To read our detailed responses to the interview questions click here.
Terms of Reference – Submissions:
- MHLC worked with with Government to define the Terms of Reference. Read our submission on the Key Themes and Focus Areas for the Royal Commission here.
- The Federation of Community Legal Centres also prepared a submission, which can be found here.
The terms of reference have been set by the Victorian Government and recommendations will be made on:
- How to most effectively prevent mental illness and suicide, and support people to recover from mental illness, early in life, early in illness and early in episode, through Victoria’s mental health system, and in close partnership with other services.
- How to deliver the best mental health outcomes and improve access to and the navigation of Victoria’s mental health system for people of all ages.
- How to best support the needs of family members and carers of people living with mental illness.
- How to improve mental health outcomes, taking into account best practice and person-centred treatment and care models, for those in the Victorian community, especially those at greater risk of experiencing poor mental health.
- How to best support those in the Victorian community who are living with both mental illness and problematic alcohol and drug use, including through evidence-based harm minimisation approaches.
Further information can be obtained on the terms of reference at https://engage.vic.gov.au/royal-commission-mental-….